Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Who makes their own birthday cake?!?

Well, apparently I do! My sister-in-law, Robyn made the best cake ever on the 4th. It was cream puff cake and it was to die for. So I decided to make one for my birthday on Sunday! It was so yummy. Of course my lover boy helped me do it because he is so handy in the kitchen!

The prep work...



The birthday song...we only put one candle because who really wants to blow out 28!


I was seriously licking my plate when Alyssa caught me in the act! This cake really is too die for! Thanks Robyn!! And yes, if you look closely I do have chocolate sauce on my forehead. I don't know if that is from the plating of the desserts or when I was eating it. I'd like to think it was when I was eating it!!


*For the record, Stpehanie did offer to make the cake and even talked to Robyn about the recipe...I ended up doing it because I wanted to try it out!

8 comments:

Ashly said...

Absolutely DELICIOUS! It was heaven in my mouth! YUM YUM YUM! Can you please make it again SOON!

Jeff and Kandis said...

I have made that cake before and I completely agree, it i delicious! It is the cake Jeff asks for every year. Happy Birthday!

Sister Skylar Blue Clifford said...

katie (this is lindsey)...where is the recipe? Tristen wants to make me one for MY Bday!

nicole said...

Looks yummy, how about a post of the recipe??? And happy (late) birthday by the way, I said that on sarah's post, but in case you didn't see it!

SUMMER said...

I was waiting for a slice yesterday! :) Just kidding... Looks SO yummy and I think that I need the recipe. Or maybe I can pay Stephanie to make it for me since mine will not turn out as good.

sarah marie. said...

ooh..your nails look great. the cake does too.

SMALL and TALL said...

Hi Katie!!! are you two loving married life? I am so happy to have found your blog! where are you living? Oh and Happy Birthday!!!!! love timmy and niccole

Sister Lark said...

The best cake EVER!!!! It is worth putting on a few pounds for!