What the!!! As Steve came to my side of the bed this morning to say goodbye, I thought I was going to die. All of the sudden I had the worst pain I have maybe ever felt in my life...a cramp on my calf. Not just a little, "Oh my leg hurts" but, "Oh my gosh, the muscle is going to tear from my bone!" I have been getting a few random cramps here and there, but nothing like this. I am so scared. I could hardly handle that, let alone labor. I didn't even have my hypnobirthing techniques to fall back on because I don't know them yet. Has anyone had these leg cramps during pregnancy? Are they going to get worse? I'm assuming working as much as I am is not helping, but I just love my clients and can't stinking cut back my hours!!! What's a girl to do?!?
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




19 comments:
Flex your foot! My mom still stretches out with her feet flexed because of pregnancy. It's so normal to point our toes when we stretch and that brings them on for me every time.
p.s. I promise you would have been able to handle the leg cramp with an epidural. Therefore, you'll be able to handle labor. :)
I was the queen of those hellish leg cramps. I would wake up crying my eyes out like a baby. Try eating banannas and taking advil before bed time. Oh I am so sorry. Epiderals are wonderful, you wont feel ANYTHING.
Whatever you do, don't point your foot when one comes on. Flex them back toward you. I get them every night in the middle of the night and it's terrible. I used to flop around like a fish trying to get them to go away! I got them with O too so I know it's normal! You don't have much longer till you get to snuggle the little man :)
Haha! I have these exact same cramps!! If you jump out of bed and stand straight up they will go away instantly! Somebody taught me this same thing while I was pregnant!
Good luck! You look so cute!
Amber
Got these all the time with both pregnancies. One time I woke up in the middle of the night with one and thought that someone was under the covers jabbing a knife through my legs. Bananas are what helps and to point and flex your feet while trying to breath deeply! Pretty much what everyone else says. And if the epidural takes (which it will!) than you will be fine. Although I will say that if it doesn't take... these leg cramps are a cake walk compared to contractions. But you know your motto... if Summer (biggest wimp ever) can do it than ANYONE can!!!
Ditto to what everyone else said. I just sit there and massage my foot and calf, take really deep breaths till it goes away! They are not fun, but I found that when I really stretch my feet and toes in bed, they will happen. So now when I'm pregnant, I just don't do that! They are the weirdest thing! Benny used to get them when he was surfing, could you imagine getting those when you're in the ocean? Well, good luck and eat bananas!
YES!!!! Maybe that means I'm magically prego too!!! I was woken up the other day with the gnarliest calf cramp I'd ever had in my entire life!!!! I'm talking GNARLEY!!! Maybe there's something in the water...or maybe it's a sign of the times. Hey - when did yours happen. Maybe if we both got that pain at the same time it might mean somehow our bodies are trying to communicate. Your little guy is sending signals to my body to tell me to hurry and get a bursting belly going too!!! I knew we were always more than "just friends" - we got some true connections Katie my Lady!!! x to the o
man oh man, i just woke up with the leg cramps the other night. i got them with bennett and have been getting them with this pregnancy too. they are seriously a nightmare. i have to jump out of bed and walk around to get rid of it. then the next day my leg aches the whole day. the worst!
This old lady got one the other night....so cheer up! You will still get those babes 25 years from now!!!! :(
bananas...nough said...
agree on all - I just would just out of bed. It hurts, but they go away instantly. I'm dying laughing that you said you didn't have your hypno techniques to get you through it! I can't wait to hear all about it - I'm totally curious ever since you told me about it the other day.
I always got what I call "Charlie horses" when pregnant. Sometimes so bad they wake me from a sound sleep. But they go away. I say when you are home and able to relax have your husband massage your feet and calves. Stretching will help as well. :) BTW you are going to handle having the baby just fine. Your tough girl!
Bananas, Flex your feet and gatorade. I have always gotten these awful cramps ever since I was a pre teen on the swim team. But with pregnancy it has been out of control. When i get them in the middle of the night I sometimes have to get up and walk it out. It kills but will go away.
What is wrong with my sister? And FYI Tristen...you already have a "bursting belly"!
same said. Bannanas definetely help, It was always hurting so bad that Jeff would wake up and rub it out better then I could. Sometimes for longer ones I would jump in a warm bath, that seemed to help.
wow. You probably don't need a 16th comment on this one, but oh well. DO NOT point your toes when this happens. It's usualy in the morning when you're stretching your legs and don't realize it. Bring your toes back up towards you and they should go away. Also, take calcium. Pregnant Katie. How fun!!
the hypno birthing techniques! LOL. I love this post. Dito on all the other advice :)
P.S. Tristan's comments always make me laugh out loud. She's so funny.
Ok not that you need more advice but I got these bad with Zach and someone told me it was because I was dehydrated so try drinking more water?
Post a Comment