Don't let this picture fool you....
We went to Hawaii in August with my whole family. It should have been a great vacation, but this little boy turned out to be quite sick. It was basically a nightmare for us and we have now vowed to never travel with any children under 3. Not only was he sick, but he learned how to crawl out of his crib the day before we left.
These are some of the only pictures we have from the trip. The one day we went in the water :(
When we got home, we immediately took Ryder to see Dr. Carruth. Turns out he has asthma...but only when he gets a cold. We now own a nebulizer. Saddest thing ever watching this boy when he is getting a treatment. But, I know it's helping him breathe better, so it's worth it.
I am so thankful we only have to do this when he gets sick. People thought I was crazy before with germs...watch out now! A common cold for Ryder is now a bit more complicated!





5 comments:
So sad that he has to have those treatments when he's sick, but he does look so cute with his little mask on (those eyes!)!!
Happy to hear you got Disneyland passes... when do you want to go?! We're always up for it.
So sad! A couple of my kids have had this same exact problem- and fortunately, they have both grown out of it and no longer need any medication. I was really obsessive about germs though- I actually took my own container of anti-bacterial hand gel to nursery for one of my kids, and asked them to please use it on him before snacks. They looked at me like I was crazy- but it just isn't worth it. Glad you got it figured out. And congrats on baby girl! Fun, fun!
Ah man, I'm sorry to hear you had such a rough vacation. And him crawling out of the crib right before you left? Torture! I 100% feel your pain about sickies. The second I hear of a child that is sick, I am the freak parent that doesn't want Kaden near them. I am so nervous now that he has started preschool. A cold is not just a normal cold when asthma is involved. Ugh! Hang in there. Hopefully your next babe won't have the same problem. Paxton is healthy as an ox and barely phased when he gets a cold. Thank GOODNESS! Good luck, girl!
I know what you're going through...Logan has allergy-induced asthma, so every spring and fall we break out the nebulizer and use it almost daily. Ryder is so cute though, I can't get over those eyes!
All three of my boys have the same thing when they get sick. Usually during colder months. We had two going at the same time with the inhaler for Mason last year. Oh the joys of parenting!!
Don't worry it gets better each year as they get older!
Post a Comment