Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Ryder+Eggs+Allergic Reaction+Epinephrine=Rough Day



This little face was looking a little crazy today.  I fed Ryder eggs for breakfast, and let's just say we learned the hard way that he is allergic to them.  Good thing we were close to Dr. Carruth's office when I realized he was coughing really weird and was covered with hives from head to toe.  They quickly assessed the situation and considering he was getting worse they gave him a shot of epinephrine.  This was one of the scariest moments of my life.  I have never prayed so hard as I did in that office.  Ryder was a trooper and everything turned out just fine.  I know it was just a little scare, but I can't even imagine anything worse happening to my baby.  It was the worst feeling knowing I fed him the eggs, and then couldn't do anything to help.  On the up side, Ryder was quickly back to his happy, smiling self.  Charming all the nurses and patients in the office.  Love that boy!



This is his new face he makes.  Insert loud nose breathing and that's what I see/hear all day long.  :)

11 comments:

Nate and Nicole said...

Oh, I can so relate! Will is allergic to eggs (among other things), and allergic reactions are so scary. I'm so glad you noticed something was going on and that you were close to your doctor!

That little scrunched up face is too cute!

Laura Ek said...

Rarely do we find these things out the "easy" way! I'm sorry, that must have been very scary. Give him some extra kisses for me!

kate said...

that could not be a cute face. he is sooo adorable. poor little guy.

p.s. I called you last night to see what color you were wearing, I was looking for you.

Anonymous said...

His new face is awesome! Make sure to get it on video. -Lindsey

Meiken said...

Wow! What a scare! So glad you took him to the Dr. immediately. And so happy he is better. What an adorable little face!

sarah marie. said...

so scary! and that top picture looks just like you and the bottom just like steve.

Jessica F. said...

Scary! I am always convinced that Sterling Henry is having a reaction. Luckily you could get him right in!

camille said...

Yikes! I would freak out, too. Good thing you are smart and quick and knew just what to do. I might run around in circles for a long time freaking out! Oh, how that little Ryder is the cutest boy EVER! Really, one of the best lookers in town, Katie! xo

The Zeediks said...

Hives on babies is so scary!

Darla said...

Cole had the same reaction-at about the same age. I guess they just kind of grow out of it. Of course, I was freaking out, though. He's SOOO beautiful, Katie!

Allison said...

So scary! You need to read the book "The UnHealthy Truth" by Robyn O'Brien.